ABOUT OUR FACILITY:
Wherever possible we have used recycled or energy efficient products in our facility.
The mission of The Detroit School of Rock and Pop Music is to establish a diverse musical community focused on the pursuit of excellence through a positive, motivating and educational environment. To that end we feel that reusing building materials and using energy efficient products is key to our pursuit of this mission. We welcome you to come visit us and see how previously used materials and equipment can be utilized to build a world-class facility!
– The basketball court from the Michigan State Fairgrounds Coliseum used as flooring
– 14 Used doors and 2 used windows from the Architectural Salvage Warehouse of Detroit
– Studio window rescued from a garbage dump
– 150 Compact flourescent energy-efficient light bulbs
– 14 Pre-owned Computers
– Used server rack and server for networking
– Hand dryers to eliminate paper towel waste
– “Paperless” note system for teachers to eliminate wasted paper for memos and lesson notes