Join us for Metro Detroit’s only music camp and tour!
Two weeks of fun shows and music experiences.
The Detroit School of Rock and Pop Music® has presented a summer music camp experience that is second to none since 2008. We have toured to Cleveland, Columbus, Pittsb
urgh, Memphis, Nashville, New York City, Chicago, and many places in between. We’ve played at Hard Rock Cafe’s, legendary rock clubs like The Bitter End, clinics with Nashville recording session musicians, the Stax Music Academy in Memphis, The Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in Cleveland and even Cedar Point in Sandusky, Ohio. We’ve also brought joy to many homeless shelters, community centers, retirements homes and community music concert series along the way.
SUMMER ROCKS! MUSIC CAMP:
– Play in bands and take lessons
– Learn music theory and songwriting
– Learn about producing music
– Learn to work as a team
– Learn to put on a show
– Record in our recording studio
– Shoot your own YouTube music videos
– GO ON TOUR!!
PARTIAL SCHOLARSHIPS AVAILABLE! CLICK THE LINK IN THE MENU ABOVE!
CAMP INSTRUMENTS WELCOMED FOR 2018:
– Electric Guitar, Ukelele, Acoustic Guitar
– Electric Bass, Upright Bass
– Drums, Percussion
– Saxophone, Woodwinds
– Trumpet, Trombone and Brass
– Electric Violin, Viola or Cello
FOR 2018 – WILL BE TOURING AGAIN!
All Summer Rocks! Students will attend one (two-week) day-camp sessions. Then, at the end of the summer we will go on tour together! This year we will make a day trip to play shows in Ohio.
– Ages 12-18
– Tuition $1000.00
– Deposit: $300 (non-refundable)
– Students Bring a Sack Lunch Each Day / They will also be responsible for some meals on tour.
Week 1 – July 30th-August 3rd
Week 2 – August 6th-10th
*Tour day is included, see below.
Rehearsal Day: Saturday August 18th (Morning)
Tour: Sunday August 19th (7am-Midnight)
**Subject to change.
There will also be Parent Chaperone spots available on the trip for $50.00 each. Please contact us if you’d like to join the tour.