STOP PRACTICING… START PERFORMING®
Our mission is to establish a diverse musical community focused on the pursuit of excellence through a positive, motivating, and educational environment.
Our vision is to be recognized and respected as one of the premier music education facilities in the country, providing unparalleled guidance and mentorship to those in our care, and bringing positive and enriching value to the community at large.
HOW WE FULFILL OUR MISSION
- Private Music Lessons and Mentorship
- Student / Adult Band Programs
- Jazz / Songwriting / Studio / Blues Experiences
- Summer Camps and Workshops
- Field Trips / School Programs
- Recording Sessions
- Professional Rehearsal Rentals / Tour Prep
- Community Involvement and Performances
- Advocacy for LIVE Music in our Community
- Professional Music Services
We have a team of the most passionate local professional musicians in Metro Detroit ready to help you with your music.
You’re success in a music school or lessons can only be attained when the motivations of the leadership, faculty and supporters align with yours.
JASON AND SHERRY GITTINGER
A bundle of positive energy, Sherry has a reputation for the utmost professionalism, quality, and musical diversity. Her professional vocal pursuits are a musical potpourri and include everything from theater in shows such as Bye Bye Birdie, A Chorus Line, and Little Shop of Horrors, to show choir and vocal jazz ensembles along with a big band, to singing in live shows at Cedar Point Amusement Park and performing in various wedding bands. She has performed with recording artists such as Johnny Preston, Dickie Lee, and Little Eva. Sherry is also a “go-to” session singer for local recording artists in the Detroit area and is very comfortable in the recording studio, and recently led and directed The DSRP Choir as they accompanied the band Foreigner at 10 sold-out shows at DTE Energy Music Theater opening for Kid Rock.
“I have to say that although we travel 30 miles one way, bringing my son to The Detroit School of Rock of Rock and Pop Music was the best thing we ever did.”
- “My 13-year-old daughter has been enrolled for just a few months and she has already performed live at the Hard Rock Cafe and the Palace of Auburn Hills!!! No other “music school” in the area can generate these incredible opportunities for its students. Jason Gittinger and his staff have far exceeded my expectations. Long live DSRP!”
“Grownups are entitled to rock out, you know. But if you’re not in high school or college, and you want to play in a band just for fun, good freakin’ luck. Are you going to answer some ad in the Metro Times? Really? Jason’s DSRP provides the matchmaking, the facilities, the instruction, and the motivation to make it happen. I had a great time and would recommend it to anyone.”
“The Detroit School of Rock and Pop has been a Godsend for my son, Dan (age 13). Jason and his instructors are able to see not only Dan’s talent and drive but also his future potential and they take the time to figure out what steps need to happen to get Dan there.When Dan leaves his private lesson he is so excited about what he has learned and can’t wait for more.”