STOP PRACTICING… START PERFORMING®
BLUES GUITAR LESSONS
Metro Detroit’s Most Comprehensive Blues Guitar Lesson Program for Kids and Adults
Our blues guitar lesson program is perfect for kids and adults of all types, beginner to advanced. We not only provide weekly lessons, but lots of shows, performances, and recording opportunities for our students to gain real-world insight and experience into playing music with, and for, others.
Private Blues Guitar Lessons
Blues guitar lessons at The Detroit School of Rock and Pop Music® not only consist of a weekly 1/2 hour lessons with one of the finest professional musicians in Metro Detroit, but also many great goal-oriented concerts, recording sessions and other live performance opportunities. Our staff members are skilled in making sure you have the right resources, experiences and direction for your growth and development when it’s needed. Most of all, we have a ton of fun!
Example Experiences and Resources:
- “Solo Showcase” Recitals – That first show in front of an audience.
- “On Record” Recording Project – School-wide recording project.
- “In Studio” TV Show Project – School-wide YouTube show project.
- Studio Circle – FREE Monday night studio experience for all enrolled students.
- Access to Superstars® clinics and events – Hang out and learn from professionals.
- 50% Off Rehearsal Studio Rentals for Extra Rehearsals
- DSRP Email Account – Lesson Notes and Communication Account – Always stay in touch.
- College Prep Curriculum – Prepare for a college music program.
We have had former students go on to study music at Berkley College of Music, Columbia College, Wayne State University, Bowling Green University, University of Michigan, Michigan State University, Ball State University, and many others.
Instruments / Styles in our Guitar Department:
Guitar, Acoustic Guitar, Electric Guitar, Lead Guitar, Rhythm Guitar, Solo Guitar, Jazz Guitar, Banjo, Mandolin, Dobro, 12 String Guitar, Classical Guitar, Ukulele and nearly anything else with strings.
Stop Practicing… Start Performing®
OUR GUITAR AND BASS TEAM
“I have to say that although we travel 30 miles one way, bringing my son to The Detroit School of Rock of Rock and Pop Music was the best thing we ever did.”
- “My 13-year-old daughter has been enrolled for just a few months and she has already performed live at the Hard Rock Cafe and the Palace of Auburn Hills!!! No other “music school” in the area can generate these incredible opportunities for its students. Jason Gittinger and his staff have far exceeded my expectations. Long live DSRP!”
“Grownups are entitled to rock out, you know. But if you’re not in high school or college, and you want to play in a band just for fun, good freakin’ luck. Are you going to answer some ad in the Metro Times? Really? Jason’s DSRP provides the matchmaking, the facilities, the instruction, and the motivation to make it happen. I had a great time and would recommend it to anyone.”
“The Detroit School of Rock and Pop has been a Godsend for my son, Dan (age 13). Jason and his instructors are able to see not only Dan’s talent and drive but also his future potential and they take the time to figure out what steps need to happen to get Dan there.When Dan leaves his private lesson he is so excited about what he has learned and can’t wait for more.”